Watch This Lesson Together!
Ps; check lifepoint.online/kids for reopening details!
Matthew 13:1-9 NLT
Matthew 13:1-9 NLT
Later that same day Jesus left the house and sat beside the lake. 2 A large crowd soon gathered around him, so he got into a boat. Then he sat there and taught as the people stood on the shore. 3 He told many stories in the form of parables, such as this one:
“Listen! A farmer went out to plant some seeds. 4 As he scattered them across his field, some seeds fell on a footpath, and the birds came and ate them. 5 Other seeds fell on shallow soil with underlying rock. The seeds sprouted quickly because the soil was shallow. 6 But the plants soon wilted under the hot sun, and since they didn’t have deep roots, they died. 7 Other seeds fell among thorns that grew up and choked out the tender plants. 8 Still other seeds fell on fertile soil, and they produced a crop that was thirty, sixty, and even a hundred times as much as had been planted! 9 Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand.”
Family Discussion Guide
Say the point and Bible verse together
Jesus’ disciples know Him!
Philippians 3:10 NIRV I want to know Christ better. … I want to know the power that raised him from the dead. …
1. What word in the Bible verse is another name for Jesus? Christ
Take some time as a family and memorize this verse together.
1. What is a disciple? A person who follows, learns from, and lives for Jesus.
2. When you get to know Jesus better, what else do you get to know? The power of God’s Holy Spirit
3. If you know you’ve seen or felt God’s power, talk about what happened. Answers will vary.
4. Think about today’s Bible story. (From Matthew 13:19-23) What kind of soil do you think you’re most like? Path, rocky, weedy, or good
5. What makes you think you’re the kind of soil you picked? (From question #4) Answers will vary.
. What can you do this week to get to know Jesus better? Idea’s; Talk to trusted leaders and ask questions, spend time reading the Bible, prayer.
2. If you forget about spending time with Jesus, what do you think will help you get back on track? Write a reminder, ask a friend to help you remember, talk with Jesus the same time each day, etc.
Ask your kids to share things they’d like to pray about.
Write down their prayer requests.
Pray together over the prayer requests.
Not sure what to pray? Pray this: God, thank You for showing Your great power to us when we get to know Jesus better. Help me to know you more and more each day. In Jesus’ name, amen.