Watch This Lesson Together!
Ps; check lifepoint.online/kids for reopening details!
Family Discussion Guide
Say the point and Bible verse together
I am chosen because God chose me!
Ephesians 1:4 NLT Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.
1. Who chose us before the world was made? God
Take some time as a family and memorize this verse together.
1. What’s the best way to find out the truth about who you are? Choose to follow Jesus, get to know God, and believe what He says about you.
2. In the Bible story, how did Jesus treat Matthew differently? Jesus chose Matthew to be his friend and follower instead of disliking and rejecting him.
3. Do you ever feel like no one wants to choose you? What makes you feel that way? Answers will vary.
4. God chose us to be holy and without fault in His eyes when we follow Jesus. What does that mean to you? Answers will vary. When we trust Jesus and ask Him to be our Savior, He makes us clean and takes away our sin.
5. God chose you. What does that make you think about yourself? Answers will vary. I am loved! I am seen and known.
1. Share a time when you felt left out. What do you think you can do when you feel that way? Answers will vary.
2. Think of someone you know who feels left out. What can you do this week to show them God chooses them? Answers will vary. Spend time with them. Make them feel valued. Share God’s truth with them.
Ask your kids to share things they’d like to pray about.
Write down their prayer requests.
Pray together over the prayer requests.
Not sure what to pray? Pray This: God, thank You for choosing us in Jesus Christ to be forgiven and special to You. Please show us we matter. In Jesus’ name, amen.